The Veterinary Cardiology Service at the UF Small Animal Hospital is committed to providing an exceptional level of care for dog and cat patients suffering from various cardiac diseases. We specialize in both medical and interventional (cardiac catheterization) cutting edge veterinary cardiac care for pets afflicted with heart disease. It is our mission to provide the very best in assessment of treatment options and to help you make informed decisions regarding your pet’s health care. Your pet will receive the highest quality veterinary care from our team of specialists, including board certified veterinary cardiologists, critical care experts, internists, anesthesiologists, and highly skilled veterinary nurses. We also appreciate the importance of communication and work to keep you and your veterinarian well-informed during your pet’s stay in our veterinary hospital. We are located within the UF Small Animal Hospital, 2015 SW 16th Avenue, Gainesville, Florida 32608. To make an appointment, please call our Main Hospital Phone: 352-392-2235.
- Physical examination
- Blood pressure
- Veterinary Echocardiography
- Veterinary Electrocardiography (ECG)
- 24 hour Holter monitoring (in house and mail out)
- Event monitoring
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- Veterinary pacemaker implantation
- Balloon valvuloplasty
- Embolization of patent ductus arteriosus
- Heartworm extraction
- Veterinary vascular interventions (i.e. intrahepatic shunt embolization)
Veterinary Cardiology Forms
- Feline HCM Screening Form
- Canine Cardiomyopathy Screening Form
- OFA Cardiac Application Form
- Referring Veterinarian Cardiology Referral Form Please use this form after patient has secured an appointment with Cardiology Service.
Cardiomyopathy Screening* dates for 2014
To qualify for the screening clinic, pet must not have a heart murmur or any signs of cardiac disease. Females should not be in heat, pregnant or nursing.
The new screening clinics will take place the on Wednesday mornings. Appointments will run from 9:30am to 11:30am the half hour schedule, with 2 appointments available for each time slot. The schedule is as follows:
Meet our: Faculty Clinicians Residents Technicians