Preparing for Visit
Preparing for Your Visit
Please complete the patient history form before your pet’s appointment.
Recommended withdrawal times for prior or current use of medications:
1. Injected steroids (Depo, Vetalog) – please wait a minimum of 6 weeks after the last dose was given.
2. Steroids given by mouth – please wait 4 weeks after the last Prednisone or Prednisolone given.
3. Topical products containing steroids – please wait 3 weeks: owner should check ear and eye medications to see if they contain steroids.
4. Antihistamines – 14 days of withdrawal before appointment.
1. Please do not feed your pet after midnight the night before coming in, unless your pet is diabetic.
2. It is ok to give thyroid or seizure medication, antibiotics, and heartworm preventative prior to coming in.
3. Please do not bathe your pet 3 days prior to your appointment.
4. Please do not clean your pet’s ears 24 hours prior to your appointment.
5. If possible, bring labels of pet food in together with a list of the medications that are administered at the moment to the pet.
6. Female pets cannot be in heat for skin testing.