Preparing for Visit
Preparing for Your Visit
Please fill out a Patient History form and fax it to (352) 846-2445 ATTN: Dermatology or bring with you to your appointment.
Derm-Patient-History.revise.2012 (.doc) – For your first visit.
Dermatology Patient History Recheck Form (.doc) – For rechecks.
Regarding prior or current use of medications:
1. Injected steroids (Depo, Vetalog) – please wait a minimum of 6 weeks after the last dose was given.
2. Steroids given by mouth – please wait a minimum of 4 weeks after the last Prednisone or Prednisolone given. Please wait a minimum of 6 weeks after the last Dexamethasone or Triamcinolone was given.
3. Topical products containing steroids – please wait 3 weeks: owner should check ear and eye medications to see if they contain steroids.
4. Antihistamines – 14 days of withdrawal before appointment.
1. Female pets cannot be in heat for skin testing.
2. It is ok to give thyroid or seizure medication, antibiotics, and heartworm preventative prior to coming in.
3. Please do not bathe your pet 3 days prior to your appointment.
4. Please do not clean your pet’s ears 24 hours prior to your appointment.
5. If possible, bring labels of pet food in together with a list of the medications that are administered at the moment to the pet.
6. Please do not feed your pet after midnight the night before coming in, unless your pet is diabetic.