Please complete the patient history form before your pet’s appointment.
- Please do not feed your pet after midnight the night before your appointment, unless your pet is diabetic.
- Please continue to give thyroid or seizure medication, antibiotics, and heartworm preventative prior to your appointment.
- Please do not clean your pet’s ears 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- If possible, bring labels of pet food in along with a list of medications that are currently being administered.
- Female pets cannot be in heat for intradermal allergy testing.
Recommended withdrawal times for medications if intradermal skin testing may be performed
- Injected steroids (Depo, Vetalog) – please wait a minimum of 6 weeks after the last dose was given.
- Steroids given by mouth – please wait 4 weeks after the last Prednisone or Prednisolone given.
- Topical products containing steroids – please wait 3 weeks: owner should check ear and eye medications to see if they contain steroids.
- Antihistamines – 14 days of withdrawal before appointment.