The Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care team is headed by faculty emergency veterinarians board certified by the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care assisted by a team of emergency veterinary doctors and highly trained technicians. The team provides both 24 hour emergency veterinary services and critical care of critically ill hospitalized patients in our state-of-the-art veterinary intensive care unit.
If you or your veterinarian feel your pet is having an emergency please come to our veterinary emergency room (map and directions) or call our emergency veterinarian line (352) 392-2235. Visit our Ocala PETS website for information about our emergency veterinary clinic in Marion County: Ocala Pet Emergency Treatment Services clinic.
For Exotic Animal Emergencies (after hours, Monday to Friday 5 p.m. – 8 a.m., weekends and holidays)
- Prior to arrival, please call (352) 392-2235 if possible.
- Zoo Med clinicians are on-call for emergencies, but may not be in the clinic after hours
- Cases will be evaluated and triaged
- Pending stability, your pet may be hospitalized and diagnostics may be performed the following business day(s)
- If your pet is stable, an appointment may be scheduled for later
- Emergency cases take significantly longer than during business hours
- Please allow a minimum of 3 hours for your visit
- Bring your pet in a secure carrier (or container) for their safety