The UF Small Animal Hospital Neurology and Neurosurgery Services are committed to providing excellent veterinary patient care and client service. We provide the expertise of board-certified veterinary neurologists, experienced staff veterinarians, and specialized veterinary technicians to uphold and maintain this high level of care. We also work very closely with experts in several areas of the UF Veterinary Hospital to make sure your pet is being diagnosed and treated with leading technology and techniques.
Our service is available for initial evaluation and recheck appointments every Monday, Wednesday and Friday with most procedures performed Tuesday and Thursday. We will take the initial evaluation time to evaluate your pet and discuss with you the details of our assessment and recommended plan. This will often involve some procedures that can be done on the same day, however, advanced procedures that require general anesthesia such as CT, MRI or surgery will typically be performed the following day.
Our services include:
- Diagnosis and management of epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Diagnosis and management of inflammatory and infectious nervous system diseases
- Computerized tomography (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Surgical treatment for intervertebral disk herniation and compressive spinal disorders
- Diagnosis and management of brain tumors
- Electrodiagnostic studies of muscles and nerves
- BAER (Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response) Testing