On behalf of the University of Florida’s Integrative Medicine Service, we would like to invite you to attend the Thirty-third Annual International Canine Sports Medicine Symposium to be held February 4-5, 2017 in Orlando, Florida. The Symposium will again be held in conjunction with the North American Veterinary Conference. Please note that the dates for the symposium and NAVC are later than in previous years due to the venue change.
We are very excited about this year’s program. Please check it out. We have an outstanding array of speakers from all phases of the sporting and working dog arenas.
Topics will include:
- The latest on nutraceuticals for rehabilitation and performance
- Evidence-based laser therapy and pulsed electromagenetic field therapy
- Common medical problems in hunting dogs and the clinical approach
- Nutrition for performance and mobility
- Conditioning for working and hunting dog performance
- Dueling specialists tackle clinical cases: sports medicine controversies
- Fluoroscopic imaging of the dog stifle: applications to cruciate disease
- Rare working dog diseases: exertional rhabdomyolysis and Pythium infections
- Functional facts and impacts on health and performance
- Imaging for performance and rehabilitative conditions
- Multimodal approaches to the canine stifle
The registration fee for individuals attending the International Canine Sports Medicine Symposium is $95.00. This fee allows you to attend all of the Symposium lectures. A registration also will give you access to the North American Veterinary Conference Exhibition Halls for the entire week! This nominal registration fee is possible only because of our generous corporate support. Please note: Individuals registered for the North American Veterinary Conference receive complementary registration to the International Canine Sports Medicine Symposium.
We will be providing proceedings digitally (on a flash drive) only this year. NAVC registrants will have access through NAVC proceedings, and attendees who register exclusively for this symposium using the following link will receive the digital copy. http://reg.conferences.dce.ufl.edu/SSP/1400057056
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We hope this year’s proceedings highlight important areas in performance and in rehabilitation, and we hope to see you there.
Justin Shmalberg, DVM, Diplomate ACVN, Diplomate ACVSMR
Clinical Associate Professor, Integrative Medicine, University of Florida
2017 Symposium Co-Chair
Joe Wakshlag, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVN, Diplomate ACVSMR
Associate Professor, Nutrition, Sports Medicine, and Rehabilitation, Cornell University
2017 Symposium Co-Chair
Daniel D. Lewis, DVM, Diplomate ACVS
Professor, Small Animal Surgery, University of Florida
WE WOULD LIKE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE GENEROUS SUPPORT OF OUR SPONSORS